Whenever any Rolfe Motor Group company staff collect or otherwise deal with personal information we are governed by the National Privacy Priciples (NPP’s) which are contained in the Privacy Act 1988, and we are subsequently bound by these principles.
Whenever we collect personal information we will make every reasonable attempt to inform the parties as to why we are collecting such information, to whom we will disclose the information and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We will endeavour to make sure that the information is accurate, complete and up to date, that it is held securely and only used for authorised purposes, and that the information will be available to its owner on request.
The kind of information Rolfe motor group companies hold is:
- Your name, address, phone numbers & email contacts
- Date of birth and drivers licence details
- Quoted or ordered vehicle details & trade in details
- Details relating to the application of finance or insurance products or services.
The main reasons we hold this information are:
- Involving the sale, purchase and financing of Motor vehicles
- Servicing of motor vehicles
- Supply of vehicle parts,accessories and merchandise
- Communication of future products and services
- To pass relevant information to our automotive suppliers in reference to warranty and ownership matters.
- In using your personal information for the reasons above we may be required to disclose some or all information to third parties. In this event we employ stringent safegaurds to ensure the security of information in accordance with the privacy act.
Rolfe Motor Group companies will give the option to interact anonymously providing it is lawful and/or practical to do so.
Should you wish to contact us regarding your personal information, or any aspect of our management of your information, please write to our privacy officer at:
Privacy Compliance Officer, Rolfe Motor Group, 20 Josephson St, Belconnen ACT 2617